Micro Technologies was founded in 1971 by Bill Pratt who saw an opportunity for technology in production animal facilities. He developed the Micro Weigh System which is an electromechanical device which automates and optimizes the measuring and dispense of micro-ingredients. Traditionally this procedure was done by hand or received as a mineral pack.
As time went on Micro saw other needs for technology. They developed software systems that would allow feed yard producers to track and trace animals, feed, and treatments. in 1984 the first Pro Control Batching system to automate the feeding process around the batching area was developed.
Since 1971 Micro Technologies has filed over 80 patents and has developed over 100 useful inventions to help their customers be more efficient and more profitable. They continue this legacy today as their customers demand for innovation grows.
Overall Benefit of VAS and Micro Technologies Collaborating Together
Micro Technologies and VAS have integrated their Pro Control Batching system and FeedComp software. This full integration between FeedComp and Micro Technologies’ combines the best of Micro’s Batching system with the best of Feedwatch’s feed management and delivery expertise.
Micro Technologies Batching software receives the rations from FeedComp and helps automate the process of batching the feed. The system accurately measures the micro-ingredients specifically developed for the given ration and dispenses them on the TMR at the optimal time. The Pro Control Batching software informs the loader operator of what ingredients need to be loaded. If any of these ingredients stored in a device that mechanically loads the TMR the Batching software can automate that process. The Batching software can dispense any liquids quickly and accurately to reduce human error and time, an example would be water or whey. If the user has stationary mixers the Pro Control Batching software will ensure the proper mix time to avoid over or under mixing, creating a uniform ration every time for the animal. Once the delivery truck pulls up the Pro Control Batching software loads it automatically and hands the ration back over to FeedComp software to ensure it gets delivered the correct group of animals.
Features and Functions
- Provides automatic operation of the Micro Weigh System, including discharging it at the optimum point in the ration sequence, often at the same time loader ingredients are being dispensed.
- Liquids are dispensed automatically rather than manually, saving time and reducing human error
- Facilitates the use of separate scales for pre-weighing liquid ingredients, saving even more time and further increasing accuracy
- Automatic dumping of stationary mixer systems keeps drivers in vehicles and saves time
- Combines the best of Micro’s Batching and Micro Ingredient systems with the best of Feedwatch’s Feed Management and Delivery expertise
- Increase feeding accuracy
- Decrease feeding time
- Decrease labor
- Reduce shrink
- Lower feed cost
- More consistent mix quality