Pocket CowCard – Android Version v2001211617 release has bug hotfixes, known issues and other considerations.
Build Date: January 21, 2020
Release Date: January 21, 2020
- Tapping the VIEW Button/Icon on any of Top Tabs (Home, Batch ,Lists or Cows) or a Selected List without an ID present would crash the APP.
- Speaking a name instead of a number for ID would crash the APP.
- Fixed timing routine crash for PRO LICENSE users to check the server for updates and new certificates
Known Issues and Other Considerations
- 2020/01/13: Uninstalling the APP will remove it and all associated data from your device: This means you will lose all your custom settings, herd folders, unposted transactions and archived transactions on the device. If you must uninstall your app, please deliver any unposted transactions to DC305 first, then consider renaming your app folder COM.VAS.PCC. We are looking at ways to preserve some of the content if possible, with what Google’s Android does during the uninstall process.
- 2020/01/13: The server that handles the distribution of the PCC Android app will be sunset soon. The Google Play store is the method we are looking at for distributing the APP.
- 2020/01/13: Android users may need to update or replace older Android devices: Future updates for Pocket CowCard Android require the Android device Operating Specification to be in the range of Lollipop 5.0 to Pie 9.0. Please upgrade or replace your device before 2/15/2020. If you have any questions on the options or would like to purchase a device, please contact sales at 888-225-6753.
- 2019/12/12: Scanning new animals into the herd from a TODO list or AD-HOC event: Scanning of a new animal into the herd currently adds that animal to DC305 immediately. In a future PCC Android release, we plan to match the current Windows Mobile functionality and instruct the DC305 Server to hold those new “add” transactions rather than immediately adding them to the system.
- 2019/11/13: Scan method overwrite: Scan method items may be changed inadvertently from their original values when tapping on animals from the QUEUE or DONE tabs in worklists. For instance, an R or V method may update to a T. This issue will be addressed in an upcoming release.
- 2019/10/11: DC305 license and application upgrade required: Future improvements for the Android version of Pocket CowCard and the VAS Platform will require that you upgrade your Version 5 DC305 licenses to Version 8. An application upgrade to the XE version of DC305 will be also be required.
- 2019/03/07: Android Nougat 7.1.2, 8.1.0, and other newer versions cannot read 8-digit SD Card – Google has removed the ability to read the 8-digit SD Card ID on newer versions of Android. The current method is to use the Device ID for the licensing of Pocket CowCard at the time of registration.