Pocket CowCard – Android 1912121709 release has enhancements, bug fixes and known issues.
Build Date: December 12, 2019
Release Date: December 12, 2019
- PCC Home screen now displays the Cowfile Version Number and DC305 Version Number – PCC-728, PCC-665: As shown in the examples below, the PCC Home screen now displays the Cowfile Version Number (e.g., V5, V7, V8) and the DC305 Version Number against which PCC is currently synchronized:
- Improved Localizations – PCC-728, PCC-491, PCC-492, PCC-629, PCC-631, PCC-635, PCC-636, PCC-641, PCC-643, PCC-644, PCC-654, PCC-655, PCC-657, PCC-676, PCC‑677: Translations of various sections of the program have been improved with German, Russian, Spanish, and Chinese translations. The areas of improvement are:
- Make BC Mandatory
- Erase Transactions
- Select IP
- Breeding Grid’s breeding date screen message
- Breeding Grid’s screening buttons
- Upload to Support
- Change Themes
- Improved display on Server List – PCC-728, PCC-727: We have reduced the amount of white space that is displayed for each to-do record in the Server List and implemented an improvement to dynamically adjust the display to show more records when scrolling on the TODO and QUEUE panels (see examples below). We will review the DONE panel on a future sprint.
- Warn users of devices using Android version 5.0 or earlier to upgrade their devices to Android 8.x or later – PCC-728, PCC-714: The system now displays the message shown below if you are using PCC on an Android device that does not meet the recommended specifications to support future PCC updates. This message is being presented in Chinese, German, Russian, and Spanish.
PCC Android users may need to update or replace older Android devices.
Future updates for Pocket CowCard Android require the Android device Operating Specification to be in the range of Lollipop 5.0 to Oreo 8.1.
Please upgrade or replace your device before 2/15/2020. If you have any questions on the options or would like to purchase a device, please contact
sales at 888-225-6753.
- Able to activate more than 4 lists with current release – PCC-728, PCC-724: Fixed the ability to activate more than 4 regular TODO lists.
- “Wrong Pen” notification – PCC-728, PCC-722: The system now displays the “Wrong Pen” notification message when working with server lists. (This was broken in the November release and is now repaired.)
- When selecting the DONE column, one must scroll to the top to see last cow scanned – PCC-728, PCC-719: Removed the gap that required you to scroll up to see the last cow scanned on the DONE or QUEUE panels.
- Not Displaying ID when scanning cows on lists with current release – PCC-728, PCC‑717: Fixed the ability to view the last record identified in the lower right corner of a server list. This was part of the HOTFIX issued on 11/15/2019.
- Sorting of SERVER lists is broken in new refactor – PCC-728, PCC-726: Fixed the issue of sorting in the different column panels of the server lists:
SORT of the PENS panel
PENS sorted by PEN (Default)
PENS sorted downby PEN
SORT of the TODO panel
TODO sorted by List-Order (Default, if no by or downby it will be by ID)
TODO sorted by ID
SORT of the QUEUE panel
QUEUE sorted by SCAN (Default to oldest scan time)
QUEUE sorted by ID
SORT of the DONE panel
DONE sorted DOWNBY SCAN (Default to newest scan time)
DONE sorted by ID
- Integrated RFID readers acting like BT RF-ID Wand behavior on PAC-5000 – PCC-728, PCC-716: Fixed the ability to scan with the integrated reader of the PAC-5000 from Allflex.
This was part of the HOTFIX issued on 11/15/2019.
- When using a SERVER\V list and Tech is more than 1 digit, we are only capturing the first digit – PCC-728, PCC-725: The system now captures all digits when recording EVENT techs using the VETFORM lists.
- mproved the messaging of LOCKING or UNLOCKING content of the EXPERT BATCH or ADD BATCH routines – PCC-728: As shown in the examples below, the system now provides messages when you unlock or lock content for the BATCH routines. We also repaired an issue that allowed an entry while the content was unlocked. You must now LOCK the content in order to enter animals into the batch routine.
Known Issues and Other Considerations
- DC305 license and application upgrade required: Future improvements for the Android version of Pocket CowCard and the VAS Platform will require that you upgrade your Version 5 DC305 licenses to Version 8. An application upgrade to the XE version of DC305 will be also be required.
- Android Nougat 7.1.2, 8.1.0, and other newer versions cannot read 8-digit SD Card – PCC-315: Google has removed the ability to read the 8-digit SD Card ID on newer versions of Android. The current method is to use the Device ID for the licensing of Pocket CowCard at the time of registration.
- Scan method overwrite: Scan method items may be changed inadvertently from their original values when tapping on animals from the QUEUE or DONE tabs in worklists. For instance, an R or V method may update to a T. This issue will be addressed in an upcoming release.
- Scanning new animals into the herd from a TODO list or AD-HOC event: Scanning of a new animal into the herd currently adds that animal to DC305 immediately. In a future PCC Android release, we plan to match the current Windows Mobile functionality and instruct the DC305 Server to hold those new “add” transactions rather than immediately adding them to the system.
- PCC Android users may need to update or replace older Android devices:
Future updates for Pocket CowCard Android require the Android device Operating Specification to be in the range of Lollipop 5.0 to Oreo 8.1. Please upgrade or replace your device before 2/15/2020. If you have any questions on the options or would like to purchase a device, please contact sales at 888-225-6753.