Software Support Specialist – Spanish Speaking
Giving a dairy farmer more data doesn’t help them. Giving them intelligence about their business that results from interpreting the data and turning it into actionable information does.
Software providers like Valley Agricultural Software (VAS) are taking formerly desktop-based, single application solutions and providing business-wide platforms that provide real-time access to web-based intelligence via mobile devices, tablets and computers. These programs tie together all the variables that go into milk production in a single platform – from the feed to the cow to the parlor – providing actionable intelligence that allows today’s dairy farmer to make decisions when it will have the greatest impact on production: now.
Upwards of 60 percent of the cost of producing milk resides in feed. The supply, the mix, the labor. And, depending on the dairy, feeder compensation may be dependent in-part on their performance each day. Real-time access to feed data via mobile devices can drive a number of efficiencies in the feeding process, and encourage better performance by the labor on hand to drive down operational costs.
VAS is currently searching for the right candidate that has a passion for the dairy software industry and wants to help make an impact of this very large ecosystem in the US.
What does Software Support Specialist do exactly?
- Manage customer relationships through regular onsite visits and phone calls to and from customer base.
- Work with DairyComp and FeedComp customers to ensure a positive experience.
- Troubleshoot customer computer systems to identify errors.
- Train and educate customers on the use of our programs.
- Assist Product Leads with field testing of the program and equipment as needed.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have 1 to 2 years’ experience working in a similar roles or capacity within the dairy industry.
Spanish speaking candidates is a must-have.
Alma Mater! Education required for this position is a four-year Bachelor’s degree in the field of Dairy Science, Animal Science, or Agricultural Business; or equivalent education and experience.
Do you like to work as a team? We do! At VAS working as a team and coming together like a family is what keeps our foundation strong. Being able to work across functions and departments with regular interaction with colleagues and leadership is key.
Although we appreciate all applicants that are interested in working at VAS, this position does require dairy industry experience.
At VAS, we pride ourselves with being the leader in the dairy software industry, but another area we excel in is benefits to our employees.
- VAS offers competitive salary in the top percentile for our field.
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans. Premiums paid for by VAS.
- Fidelity retirement plan and profit share at 10% of your annual gross salary.
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick and school activity time.
- Opportunity to grown within chosen field.
Does this sound like a position you are interested in? Do you have what it takes to be a Software Support Specialist and VAS team member?
If so, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your letter of interest with your resume.
We look forward to hearing all about you!