Touch 2.0 Version 1.1 November release has new features and enhancements.
Release Date: November 07, 2019
- FeedWatch V7 & V9 Compatibility: The Touch 2.0 is compatible with both our legacy FeedWatch Desktop V7 application, as well as the latest V9 release.
- Scale and Remote Display Compatibility: The Touch 2.0 is compatible with Digi-Star and AWTX/GSE scale indicators that meet minimum FeedWatch requirements. Output to Grayhill LED remote display is supported for improved visibility of required ingredients, weight, and countdown timers.
- Power Requirements: 12 VDC/2.0 Amps
- Operating/Storage Temperature: -20°C – 50°C / -20°C – 60°C
- Wireless Technology: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth V4.0
- USB2.0: 1 USB port for data transfer or file loading
- Serial RS232: 1 COM port for scale indicator communication (RED)
- Serial RS422: 1 COM port for GrayHill LED display/scoreboard communication (GREEN)
- Serial RS232 + Power: 1 COM port for Freewave Modem that provides a pass-through power supply (YELLOW)
- Circuit Breaker: 5A Inline circuit breaker protection
- CMOS Battery External Reset The Touch 2.0 includes a pre-wired push button to eliminate the need to replace the unit or submit it as an RMA.
NOTE: Only use the CMOS reset button under the following conditions:
- You have verified the power cable is supplying the correct voltage.
- The unit will not power on using the push button on the front panel.
- CMOS Battery Reset Procedure Use the following CMOS reset procedure only when the Touch 2.0 experiences unstable power or grounding. Symptoms of poor grounding or unstable power include the following:
- The front LED turns on
- The screen fails to turn on.
In this scenario only, complete the following procedure:
- Turn off power to the enclosure or disconnect the power cable.
- Hold the CMOS reset button down for 45 second to disconnect the battery and allow the unit to drain any residual power.
- Reconnect power and turn the Touch 2.0 on using the push button on the front panel.
- Fix the system date and time manually or send an export from the Desktop application to fix the date and time.