Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin and Fresno, California
Valley Agricultural Software (VAS) will host two parlor management training classes in October 2018 and January 2019 as part of the VAS Dairy Management School:
- October 23-25, 2018 in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin (register by clicking here).
- January 15-17, 2019 in Fresno, California (register by clicking here).
This 2.5-day intensive training session will teach dairy professionals new methods and techniques for improving milk quality, recognizing and troubleshooting parlor issues, handling medications, improving reporting practices, driving safety, and recruiting and training new employees.
These new classes provide a great opportunity to learn from some of the best doctors of veterinary medicine (DVM) and dairy management professionals in the industry:
- David Reid, DVM, Rocky Ridge Dairy Consulting, teaches what to look for in the parlor, evaluating the milking system, and how to understand and use parlor reports.
- Brandon Treichler, DVM, Select Milk Producers, specializes in milk quality consulting, medication residue avoidance and animal welfare.
- Liz Griffith, director of safety and employment for Tuls dairies of Nebraska and Wisconsin, will discuss parlor employee management, including training, recruitment and safety.
Dairy professionals interested in attending these new VAS training classes can register at web.vas.com/training (will require the user to create an account and login), or call toll-free at 888-225-6753. Featured online courses can also be found at DairyLearning.com.