VAS Platform 1.18.0 release has new features, enhancements and bug fixes.
Release Date: 11/24/2019
IMPORTANT: Please make sure to run the web updater in DairyComp to take full advantage of the updates in this Platform release.
- Platform Support for Events with Protocols: When entering events in the Platform mobile app, you can now enter Custom Events with protocols, as well as the DRY event with protocols. For events that include protocols, you will see the new Protocol field as an option for each animal in the event.When you tap the Protocol field, the app displays the available protocols, including the corresponding Milk and Meat withholdings. As shown in the examples below, the app also displays the pen number and remark for this protocol, and it auto‑fills these details when you select the protocol for an animal. If a protocol affects the animal’s hooves or udder, the app will prompt you to define this information as well:
See Events with Protocols to learn more!
- New Mobile Events Available: Platform support for events continues to grow in this release! In addition to Custom Events with protocols and the DRY event mentioned above, the Platform now allows you to enter FRESH, CHECK, DNB, and ABORT events. See the following topics to learn more!
- Save Commands for Quick & Easy Reuse: The Platform Command Line now offers a Saved Commands list to make executing your commands quicker and easier. To save a command, use the new bookmark icon on the Command Results page or in the Recent Commands list:
See Manage Saved Commands to learn more!
- Company-Level Projected Calves by Sire & Semen Type Widget: The new Projected Calves by Sire & Semen Type company widget identifies the expected number of calves to be born in all company dairies by sire and semen type, as well as a projected Replacement Heifer count for 7 to 8 months. This information helps to plan for Replacement Heifers that will be added to your herd by month. It also allows you to analyze parentage information for your calves.See Projected Calves by Sire & Semen Type for All Dairies to learn more!
- Pens List Improvements and New Cards View: The Pens List page includes additional information for each pen, as well as several usability enhancements:New Pen Types filter.
- New colored pen capacity status indicator. Hover over the bar to see how full a pen is (as a percentage).
- Improved column sorting in Table view.
- Additional data, such as Target DM/HD and Cost/HD for each pen.
- New Cards view that provides an additional way to display Pen details:
See Pens List for more information.
This release also includes minor bug fixes in both the mobile app and the web version of the Platform.
VAS Platform 1.18.1
VAS Platform 1.18.1 release coming soon.